NOW HIRING A PART-TIME SEASONAL BEERTENDER!
Join our growing team! We’re hiring for a seasonal part-time floater & beertender to help support our busiest season!
This role will largely support the overall needs of the taproom, with a secondary focus on pouring beer.
here's What we're looking for:
- Flexible Schedule with willingness to pitch in and do everything! Are you open to working sporadic hours, short and long shifts, and also nights and weekends? We’re looking for someone who’s willing to do it all — including the not so glamorous stuff like cleaning in addition to pouring beer.
- Beer Interest/Knowledge: (you don't have to know everything...just love beer and be willing to learn)
- Personality: a must-have. Be prepared to engage with customers, get to know them & showcase your personality and excitement for Ounces, local breweries & beer!
- Attention to detail: must be extremely detailed oriented and able to multi-task. (Ie: Can you manage cleaning/tidying, changing kegs, taking out trash and dirty dishes all at once? Plus notice there is a pile of pretzels on the ground in the corner that needs to be cleaned up? This is what we’re talking about.)
- Passion & willingness to go above and beyond: Do care about the small stuff? Do you notice a piece of trash on the ground an pick it up? Is it important to you to make sure each customer feels like they get the best experience possible? Does it bug you when you see something out of place? Do you get excited about a new beer that just came on tap? Do you care about the perfect pour? We care about this stuff and want someone who does too.
- Someone who can be an extension of our team: Be prepared to work closely with ownership. We’re very involved—and are looking for this person to carry on the energy, vibe and experience of what we’ve already created.
- Interest in long-term growth within business: Though this is a part-time seasonal role, we’d love to find someone who is interested in a permanent role. Tons of opportunity for the right person.
This person will be helping to support our team on our busiest nights and events!
Main responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning & tidying overall taproom and outdoor areas
- doing dishes
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Taking out trash
- Changing kegs/updating taplist
- Stocking & re-stocking
- Helping with event management
Secondary responsibilities will include:
- Beertending & managing day-to-day taproom operations….ie:
- Serve customers (communicate taplist, know repeat customers, take orders, work register, pour beer...etc)
- Manage taplist (tap new kegs, keep menu board up to date, update taps & pos…etc)
- Manage inventory (stock food & supplies, pack food...etc)
- Cleaning (lots of cleaning!!! everything from dishes & tables to trash, taps & toilets)
- Open/Closing Setup/Teardown (set up beer garden stools, turn on heaters – everything needed to open and close business)
- Provide excellent customer experience (interact with repeat & new customers, provide excellent customer service, make sure taproom experience is perfect at all times…etc)
-- $13-15 hr + tips (depending on experience)
-- 20hrs +/- per week (with sporadic schedule depending on events, weather…etc)
-- Must be 21 or older
-- Expect to work Nights & Weekends (day and night)
Submit the following:
- A Brief note about…
a) who you are
b) why you’d be a good fit for this role
c) why you want to work at Ounces
- Well-thought out answers to the following questions
(p.s. one word answers are not well thought out)
- Are you available to work nights and weekends?
- This is a part-time role, seasonal role. Some shifts will be short (2 hours), some longer (3-8 hours), with shifts changing based on need. Are you ok with a sporadic schedule? Tell us how this would fit in with your current life/work schedule.How many hours per week are you looking to get?
- This role would start at the end of April and last thru the August, possibly longer. Can you commit to this timeframe? When could you start?
- This role will focus largely on cleaning, tidying, doing dishes, changing kegs and supporting the needs of the taproom, with a secondary focus on pouring beer behind the bar. Are you ok with this? Please elaborate.
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Do you like beer? What are your favorite style(s)?
- What are your favorite beer bars/breweries to hang out at (in the greater Seattle area)?
- Name your top 3 breweries in Seattle. Tell us what you like about each.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you know about beer?
- Are you detail-oriented? Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10. Give me an example of a time you were super detail oriented?
- What does “customer experience” means to you.
- How do you work with Type A personalities?
- Give an example of a time when you had to manage multiple things at once.
- Why do you want this role? What makes you the best candidate?
- TEST: how well do you follow instructions? Copy & Paste the Main responsibilities of the role from the job description above. (where it says “Main Responsibilities will include: “)
TO APPLY, CLICK the button below or Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[NOTE: Applications without ALL 3 of the above WILL NOT be considered.]